Further Education & Training Certificate inWeb Development NQF Level 4, SAQA ID 73391
A one year programme designed to introduce students to the foundation of web design, including planning, creating and publishing a website.
In addition to providing a brief history of the internet and introducing basic vocabulary, the course teaches students how to hand – code web pages, create basic cascading style sheets to control the presentation to a Web page site and identify the accessibility and usability issues that influence Website Design.
Who Should Enroll In This Program?
Is your pc your best friend? Ever wondered how all these fun websites and pages on the internet come about, then you are the right person for this course.
- A Grade 12 Certificate with admission to certificate studies
- An achievement rating of 3 (40%-49%) in 4 recognized 20 credit-bearing subjects.
- English at grade 12 NQF Level 4 or equivalent
- Foreign students whose first language is not English may be required to provide proof of proficiency in English prior to admission to the program
Done With The Program, What Now?
On completion of our Web development Course, you should be able to further your studies in design or work as an interface designer, developer, web designer etc.
Year 1 Modules
• Introduction to Dreamweaver CS5
• Introduction to Photoshop
• Introduction to Web Design
• End-user Computing
• Introduction To HTML
• Web Design Techniques
• Photoshop for Web
Year 2 Modules
• Advanced CS5
• Advanced HTML
• Principles of Marketing
• Advance PHP2
• Business Practice and Entrepreneurship
The course teaches students how to hand – code web pages , create basic cascading style sheets to control the presentation to a Web page site, and identify the accessibility and usability issues that influence Web site design.
This programme includes a compulsory 300 hours of workplace learning component. Workplace learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the programme, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing their personal skills.
Tuition Fee: R25,000.00
Lecture starts: 12 February, 2018